Job Opportunities: Post-docs, Studentships
The IOBC-APRS website offers the opportunity of drawing attention to job opportunities, post-docs, studentships etc.
Job Opportunity: 11 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) –
PhD positions within the project "INTERFUTURE": From microbial interactions to new-concept biopesticides and biofertilizers
Innovative Biopesticides and biopesticides: pave the way for sustainable future!
INTERFUTURE is an MCSA ITN for European Industrial Doctorates, which will train a new generation of scientists with complementary and interdisciplinary skills in Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Organic Chemistry, Molecular Biology. The main objectives of the research projects are:
- to overcome bottlenecks in bio-based products application by exploring the ecology of microbe-host interaction at the community level;
- to improve existing microbial biofertilisers by unravelling the biology and exploiting the complementarities of nitrogen-fixing and growth-promoting bacteria;
- to exploit natural molecules to shape plant-beneficial microflora and improve plant resilience to disease;
- to develop novel volatile organic compounds of bacterial origin for the control of soilborne diseases;
- to design and develop innovative insect traps and trapping strategies based on the activity of kairomones produced by microorganisms.
- 6 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) – PhD student within the project "INTERFUTURE"
- N. 5 (five) temporary positions for 36 months within the project INTERFUTURE
Postdoc within Entomology and Biological Control
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen (UCPH) invites applications for a position as postdoc within entomology and biological control with focus on using entomopathogenic fungi as a tool in IPM for control of larvae of the cabbage root fly (Delia radicum) in the soil-root interphase. The postdoc will be part of the newly funded European network project FlyIPM under the initiative C-IPM (Coordinated Integrated Pest Management in Europe) which includes 8 countries. The framework of the overall project is presented at http://c-ipm.org/news/nyhed/artikel/getting-to-the-root-of-root-flies/. The activities at UCPH will mainly be coordinated with partners from UK, Ireland and Norway.
More information: http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=897151